Saturday, January 24, 2015

To Blog or Not to Blog

So I sat here staring at the screen for a while and then I thought, just go for it, dive in, head first.

I debated with myself on starting a blog.

A LOT

I went back and forth:

1. Do I have enough time? Between work and a toddler??!!
2. Will anyone even read my blog???
3. Do I have enough time? Between work and a toddler and keeping the house somewhat clean??!!
4. Will everyone I know think I am crazy for writing a blog?
5. Will I have enough time? Between work and a toddler and keeping the house somewhat clean and my projects???!!!!
6. Will Cory hate the idea and think it's a waste of time?
7. Will I have enough time? Between work and a toddler and keeping the house somewhat clean and my projects and Cory's projects????!!!!

And then I decided to just go for it.

I just discovered Hometalk a few weeks ago via Pinterest and decided to post a couple of my "projects" on the site. It was empowering to say the least. It made me feel good about myself to show people what I have done and possibly inspire them to do their own diy projects and to hear positive feedback about what I had done made me feel great, justified for putting my time and effort into it.

Also Cory's sister has a blog called On Bliss Street and she seems to really enjoy it! We both have similar home makeover, diy things going on right now. Not that I'm copying her by starting a blog, OK, maybe just a little. But imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

To top it all off I feel like Cory and I have been doing diy/renovation projects since I met him and we have nothing to look back on, no pictures, no documentation. I want to be able to see all the transformations we have done, from start to finish, before and after, and I want Jackson to see them too!





So here it is, my very first post!! I know no one will read it, for now, except a select few family members. But hey, I did it, my first post!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sherri,

    I'm Lulu, the Product Manager at Hometalk. Congrats on your new blog! You are super creative and talented. Specifically, I love your spooning sign and owl bathroom. So adorable! I'm so glad you decided to go for it.
    Please feel free to be in touch if you have any questions about Hometalk or need some connections in the blogging world. We're here to help!
    Be Well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lulu! I'm not usually a fly be the seat of my pants kind of girl so any help is greatly appreciated and I'm sure I'll take you up on that! So far (a week in) I'm having fun feeling like I'm in high school again, writing for the school paper!

      Delete

Blogger template designed By Sherri.